- Types of Information We CollectWe collect information from and about you, including personal information and information about your use of the Site and our Services. Specifically, we collect information: (1) directly from you, such as when you use our Site, sign up for our newsletter, or request information on products or offers; (2) from third parties, such as when you log in through a social networking site; and (3) automatically, as you move through our Site, such as Site usage, browser types, IP addresses or device IDs, and other data, as discussed below.
- Use of HTML5. HTML is the software language used for building most of the sites on the internet. Some HTML5 code may allow your responses to advertising and other activities to be monitored across websites, and for such information to be stored on your computer or mobile device and accessed by others you do or have done business with. movieexpertise accesses user activity information stored through this feature of HTML5. As with cookies, other companies that place advertising on our Site may have the ability to access information using this feature as well. movieexpertise does not control and is not responsible for any such access or for their use of information obtained.
- Web Beacons. Our Web pages or e-mail messages may contain a small graphic image called a Web beacon, which is sometimes also called a “clear gif,” that allows us to monitor and collect certain information about our users, such as the type of browser requesting the Web beacon, the IP address of the computer that the Web beacon is sent to and the time the Web beacon was viewed. Web beacons can be very small or invisible to the user, but, in general, any electronic image viewed as part of a Web page or email, including HTML-based content, can act as a Web beacon. We may use Web beacons to count visitors to our Web pages or to monitor how our users navigate our Site, and we may include Web beacons in email messages in order to count how many of the messages we sent were actually opened or acted upon. We use Web beacons to compile aggregate statistics about our Site and our marketing campaigns.
- Analytics. Each time a visitor comes to the Site, our servers collect information, including, for example, the visitor’s domain name (e.g., the website that you came from), referral data (e.g., depending on your browser, the address of the last page or series of pages you visited prior to clicking through to our Site), and browser and platform type. We may also count, track and aggregate each visitor’s activity as part of our analysis of general traffic flows at our Site (e.g., tracking where traffic comes from, how traffic flows within the Site, etc.). We collect some of this data directly, and we also may engage third party service providers (e.g., Google Analytics) who use the technologies described in this section, to collect this information and to assist us with our analytics.
- How We Use Your InformationWe use your information, including your personal information, to provide our Services to you and for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer services purposes.
- To provide information that you have requested to receive from us.
- To tailor the content, including advertisements and information that we may send or display to you, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services.
- To improve our Services.
- For research purposes.
- For marketing and advertising purposes. For example, we may send you emails or SMS messages about new features of our Site as well as about our products and services, as well as products and services of third parties, that we believe would be of interest to you.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis.
- Joint Marketing Events/Partners. We also may partner with third parties for joint marketing events. If you participate in such as an event, including a promotion as discussed below, we may share your information with the third party.
- Third parties providing services on our behalf. We may engage third parties to perform services in connection with the operation of our business. Examples of these services include, but are not limited to: (a) distribution of marketing and promotional material; (b) website evaluation and analytics; (c) fulfilling content or service subscriptions; (d) data collection, storage, management, analysis and, where applicable, cleansing, and (e) any other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. These third parties may have access to information about visitors to our Site, including your personal information, for the purpose of performing their duties and functions.
- Investigations and security. We may release information about you when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, in response to a subpoena or other legal process, or to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Site and applicable laws. We may also disclose such user information at our discretion whenever we decide disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of movieexpertise, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or others.
- Surveys. movieexpertise may from time to time conduct voluntary surveys of visitors to the Site to obtain aggregate demographic information about them. Such information may be compiled and shared in the aggregate with advertisers and other third parties.
- Business Transfers/Bankruptcy. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company.
- Security of Your Informationmovieexpertise makes efforts to protect your information. However, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure. CHATTERSOURCE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR DISCLOSURE, HACKING, DATA LOSS OR OTHER BREACHES WILL NOT OCCUR. As with any activity on the internet, your use of the Site and our Services is at your own risk. movieexpertise urges you to take protective steps to keep your information safe by memorizing your password, regularly changing your passwords, keeping them in a safe place (separate from your account information), logging out of your account and closing your Web browser. In addition, you should not provide your password to others. By registering for or using our Services, you are responsible for any use of our Services achieved through the use of your personal password. CHATTERSOURCE CANNOT AND DOES NOT WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO CHATTERSOURCE AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- User Generated ContentCertain portions of our Services permit registered users to post content, including, for example, commenting on an article or posting a picture etc.. Any information that you post to our Services may be viewable by other visitors to our Services. We are not responsible for the privacy of your submissions, or for the accuracy of any information contained in those submissions. Any information that you disclose becomes public information. We cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law or your personal privacy. Although movieexpertise respects the right of free speech, we will not allow the Site or Services to be used as a tool for the promotion of Hate Speech or hate crimes as defined by applicable federal (18 U.S. Code §249 et seq) and state laws. User generated content should respect the race, color, national origin, religion, gender, disability, age and citizenship status of all people.
- Your Choices About Your Informationmovieexpertise is committed to complying with the CAN-SPAM Act (15 USC 7704) and related regulations. If you would like to remove your name and e-mail address and any other personal information movieexpertise may have collected, you can send an email requesting removal to email@example.com. movieexpertise will make best efforts to remove the requested data in a timely manner. If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails or SMS messages from us, please follow the opt-out instructions in the text of the email. Please note that it may take up to ten days to process your request. Please also note that if you opt-out of receiving promotional emails or SMS messages from us, we may continue to contact you with via email with service related communications.
- Specific Information for California ResidentsIf you are a Virginia or California resident, the Consumer Data Protection Act (“CDPA” or the “Act”) and California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA” or the “Act”), as well as any other successively passed legislation in different state jurisidcitions, permits you to obtain certain disclosures about information you have shared with us in connection with your use of the Services. CCPA also provides you with certain rights with respect to this information. This section outlines those CDPA or CCPA required disclosures and details those rights that apply to “personal information” subject to the Act. Personal information does not include information that is publicly available (as defined by the CCPA), deidentified, or aggregated. Information We Collect. We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months: Category Examples Collected A. Identifiers. A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s YES B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories. YES C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information). YES D. Commercial information. Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. YES E. Biometric information. Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data. NO F. Internet or other similar network activity. Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. YES G. Geolocation data. Physical location or movements. YES H. Sensory data. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. NO I. Professional or employment-related information. Current or past job history or performance evaluations. YES J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)). Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records. NO K. Inferences drawn from other personal information. Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. YES We collect the information listed above from the following categories of sources: (i) information provided by you, (ii) information we collected when you use our Services, or (iii) information received from third parties. Use of Personal Information. We may use or disclose the personal information we collect from you for a number of purposes compatible for which it was collected or authorized by you, including for, but not limited to, the following purposes:
- Providing, supporting, promoting, and improving the Services;
- Communicating with you;
- Marketing and advertising;
- Complying with law and our own obligations; and
- For other purposes for which we provide notice to you at the time of collection or for which we obtain your consent.
Category B: Customer Records personal information categories.
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Category I: Professional/employment-related information.
Category F: Internet/other similar network activity
Category G: Geolocation data
Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information. We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to these third parties:
- Our affiliates and business partners.
- Service providers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
- In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have sold personal information. Your Rights and Choices. The Act, as applicable. provides Virginia and California consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CDPA/CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights, as applicable under the respective Act. Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Deletion Request Rights You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Submit a request
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling us at 208.577.6957
- Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. Response Timing and Format We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request. Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your Act rights. Unless permitted by the Act, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.